Last Updated on
I believe everyone should have heard that train tickets are sold at 7-11 in Taiwan.
Originally it was only available to Taiwanese, but now it be also opened to foreign friends for using this service.
I think this is really convenient. You can buy the shift you need at any time. Don’t worry about buying it at the station again. This can also help make our journey easier
So Jane wants to share with you here, how should we use ibon machines to buy the train tickets needed at 7-11 in Taiwan?
It Is Suitable For:
Someone wants to buy train tickets at any time, no need to run the station to buy tickets, or refund tickets.
In addition, if you have a Taiwan National ID card, you can apply for a subsidy of up to NTD 2,000 from September to December 2019. If you are interested, please click here for detailed teaching.
What Should We Know First Before Ordering Train Tickets?
There are many terms about buying tickets, and there is no English. Therefore, I focus on translating a few points that I think are more important.
- In 3 months, there were 3 bookings that were overdue, you will be forbidden to order tickets in 6 months.
- Open booking period:
- You can book train tickets in two weeks before the ride.
- Tickets for more than one hour before departure can be booked on the day of the ride.
- During the national holiday or continuous holiday, the Taiwan Railway Administration will announce the adjustment for the opening of the booking period.
- The 684, 685, 781, 782 and 5448, 5446, 5455, 5455 trains are preferential trains. One-way tickets are exclusive to coupons. Tickets are not sold for round-trip. Please book by one-way ticket.
- Ordering train tickets in super-mart for each identity card number is limited to 6 per person a day. After the ticket and payment slipis are successfully printed, the ticket is paid in cash within 10 minutes to the counter.
- Refund fee:
- On the day of the ride: charge 20% of the fare per ticket, and not less than NTD20.
- Before 2 to 3 days from the day of the ride (the first day is the day of the ride): charge 10% of the fare per ticket, and not less than NTD20.
- Before 4 to 12 days from the day of the ride: charge NTD20 per ticket.
- Before over 13 days from the day of the ride: charge NTD10 per ticket.
- Please refund the train ticket at 7-Eleven in 30 minutes or to the Taiwan Railway ticketing station before departure.
- If the fare of the ticket is insufficient to pay the refund fee, the fare will not be refunded and the handling fee will not be reimbursed.
How To Buy Train Ticket At 7-11 In Taiwan?
Before taking the train, Jane suggested going to the website to check your departure, destination, and time. ▲
After finding the shift you want, remember the train number, this is to make it easier for you to buy tickets at 7-11. ▲
The following is the teaching of using ibon to buy a train ticket, translated from ibon.ticket.com.
Click the button of 票券中心 ( Ticket Center ). ▲
Click the button of 交通票 ( Transportation Ticket ). ▲
Click the button of 臺鐵 ( Train ). ▲
Click the button of 購票 ( Buy Train Tickets ). ▲
Click the button of 車次訂票 ( Ordering Train Tickets By Train Number ). ▲
Here, I teach you to enter the train number to book tickets. Of course, you can also press the right button to book tickets by train time ( 時段訂票 ).
Press the button of 同意，繼續下一步 to agree the prectations and enter to the next step. ▲
Choose the area you want to get on the train. ▲
I think it’s great that there is English available for foreign friends to check, I think this is very friendly.
Choose the place you want to get on the train. ▲
Choose the date you want to take the train. ▲
Fill in the train number which you want to take and have searched it in advance. ▲
Choose the type of seat you want to take. ▲
- 車種 ( Train Type )
- 車次 ( Train Number )
- 發車站 > 該點站 ( From… To… )
- 開車時間 ( Departure Time )
- 一般車廂 ( Standard Seat )
- 特殊車廂 ( Business Seat )
Choose the number of people to take the train. ▲
Choose your one way / round trip ticket. ▲
Choose your nationality. ▲
Fill in your ID number / passport number. ▲
Check your information and confirm it. ▲
Print the payment bill of train ticket and give it for the clerk, you will get the train ticket what you just order. ▲
I think 7-11 in Taiwan is really convenient. You can buy train tickets or refund tickets at any time. You don’t have to go to the station again.
Why do I recommend searching the train number to be checked in advance?
Because this will ensure that the shifts and time are known before ordering train tickets at 7-11, and the information on the train is English, which can help you understand more easily.
I hope that the above teaching can help you, and remember to read the purchase and refund terms in advance.
3 Reasons Why I Would Recommend Buying Train Tickets At 7-11 In Taiwan
If you have any question about the content of the article, please let me know in the comment below.
If you like my article, please share it to your friends and Follow My Facebook to get the first-hand news, teaching, and offers!
Jane has setted a new group, welcomed to join in - Taiwan Coupons & Promotions
And please do not copy all the contents of my article on other website to ensure my copyright, thanks.